As technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, cloud-based phones have replaced traditional landlines for many businesses — offering more options, added functionality and security for a fraction of the cost.
How your company conducts business continues to change, but the need to effectively communicate with employees, suppliers and customers remains constant. With so many different choices available, choosing the best phone system for your business can be overwhelming.
Here are five benefits of owning a cloud-based phone system:
- Reliability: Unexpected outages can seriously impact your business productivity as you wait for power to restore. This can cause you to not only lose out on time and money, but can also result in data loss, if information is not backed up properly. With a cloud-based phone system, you can rest assured knowing your information is secure while offering backup internet services that will enable you to keep your business up and running.
- Access Anywhere: As businesses continue to offer remote work, it’s more important than ever to have phone systems that are flexible enough to accommodate that. Cloud-based business phones give your employees the freedom to work from just about anywhere, and on almost any device. Whether your employees still visit the office, need to take an emergency business call on the go, or are enjoying a work-from-home situation, the reliable connections provided through cloud-based phones will ensure they are kept connected all day long.
- Scalability: As your business grows, you’ll want the adjustment process to go as smoothly as possible. Whether you own a large corporation or a small to medium-size office, cloud-based business phones offer you the opportunity to design a phone system that fits your business needs while allowing you to change and expand your lines of communication as your business evolves.
- Maintenance-Free: All phone systems will eventually need updates and maintenance; however, when it comes to traditional landlines, that process can take more time than is necessary. Instead of disrupting your workflow for routine updates or tasking employees to keep an eye on phone maintenance, cloud-based phones are cared for by experienced providers who will take care of those tasks for you so that you can focus on your business first.
- More Features: Cloud-based phones offer businesses the opportunity to create a unique experience with their customers through additional phone features. These can include custom voicemails, faxes, call queues, auto attendants and more. Other cloud-based business phones also offer CRM integration which will allow you to merge your current CRM system with your new business phones to make utilizing client data that much easier.